Hi folks! Could it be? A second blog post in 1 week! Let’s see how long I can keep this up. I’m determined to stick with this this time. 😉
I know a lot of photographers/bloggers do a 10 on Tuesday, but no way could I come up with 10 things that would be interesting enough to post about for you (I don’t think anyway). So I’m starting off small, maybe a little for me or maybe not to scare you off. Either way, let’s see how this goes together, shall we?
1. I’ve been on the fence for a while about whether or not to start doing in person ordering consultations. I know that online ordering can be very convenient, however, I’ve noticed I would get a lot of questions about products and ordering. Last fall, I brought samples along with me to shoots to introduce items at the end of sessions. This month, I decided to give in person a shot. Today was my first one and I think it went very well. I thought it was a great way to introduce the items I offer and to eliminate any confusion about the products. I got some great feedback from my client and her mother. 😉
2. Nikon vs Canon….Another thing I’ve been on the fence about, which brand/camera to upgrade to. I think I’ve made my decision on this once and for all. We’ll see in the very near future. I’ve long since outgrown the camera I have now, but don’t tell her. She’s been very loyal and trustworthy.
3. Some of you may have seen this if you follow me on Facebook, but I’ve started using a new service that allows me to create custom app albums for each of my clients. They’re a lot of fun and really easy to load. Another great thing about them, they’re not Apple specific. I’ve had clients with Samsung Galaxy phones be able to use them as well. I’m not sure how long I’ll continue with this service so if this sparks your fancy, let’s book your session soon and get your app all set up before I decide to pull the plug!
4. Have you guys seen that there is a new MYSPACE? Not the old one that your old username and password can still sign into, but a BRAND spanking new one that hasn’t even launched yet? I checked it out and I must say that I do enjoy the new set up much better. It’s like they combined Spotify, Twitter, Instagram all into one place. So far, it’s been a welcoming atmosphere. If you want to check it out, request an invitation here.
5. Last but certainly not least, my Alabama Crimson Tide won another BCS championship title! As much as I love a “W”, I was bored with the game. I like a good get your blood-boiling-feel-like-you’re-going-to-have-a-heart-attack-remember-to-breathe-kind-of-game. Slightly more exciting, NHL decided to finally have a season and maybe now I won’t have to hear any more from my husband about a hockey season! Doubtful. :tounge:
Well it’s getting close to be Saturday. Time to hit the hay and put on one of my other “hats” tomorrow, Coast Guard specifically. As hard as it is to get “pumped” about going, I’m quickly happy to be around my other “kids” when I get there and see everyone. It’s like a mini reunion every time, but it does help that I only have a little over 2 years left of this “hat”. 😎
Have a great weekend, everyone! If you are doing a photo project, please share what you are doing. I’d like to start one of those too!